5 Most Safest Baby Strollers in India [Review + Price]
I will be very honest with you, I love strollers as much as my baby does. He loves going out for his morning and evening strolls and I get to enjoy a peaceful walk around the park. However, buying a stroller for your baby may not be as easy. There are numerous (good & bad) options available online in India. I hence decided to compile this buyer’s guide to help you purchase the best baby strollers in India.
Baby strollers have become one of the most essential and convenient baby products in the market. Not only do they allow you to take your baby anywhere, but it also creates a bond in the process of exposing your baby to new environments. It gives the parents a sense of security and makes it easier to care for the baby whenever possible.
Table of Contents
This section is for parents that have already done some primary research and are directly looking for recommendations.
If budget is not an issue, but you want a stroller that is safe for your baby, is light but sturdy and can be easily folded, this product by Chicco is the ideal choice for you.
However, if you are looking for a more budget-friendly option, you can opt for this model by Luvlap. The same model is available on Flipkart as well (Click Here for details )It has all the basic safety measures in place that will keep your baby safe as well as comfortable. It is also available in multiple colours and design.
Do keep in mind, this is not the best Luvlap has to offer in the strollers segment. If you wish to compare all their models, read this Luvlap Review post on Babyistan.
Pram vs Stroller – Which one is right for me?
While a stroller is interchangeably used with a pram, they are not the same.
Prams found their origin in the UK, and it is the short form of the British word “perambulator.” Prams are used to carry newborns until they can sit, whereas strollers are for toddlers who can sit up.
Prams have soft flat bottoms in the carriage which allows you to put the baby to sleep.
On the other hand, strollers are called buggy or carriage in the UK. They are designed to make the babies sit. They have security features such as crotch straps, life belt and a harness. It looks like a chair on wheels with a canopy.
Since prams have limited usage, I will only be discussing strollers in this article from hereon. If you are specifically looking for prams, drop a comment below the article with your requirements and I will respond back to you.
A quick check of things to look for while buying this product:
- First and foremost, have a look at the safety measures that the product offers. I will recommend only buying a stroller that offers a 5 point safety harness. It is similar to what race car drivers use and keep your baby safely strapped in.
- If you are low budget, you can go for 3 point harness but keep a close eye on your baby while you are out on a stroll
- How sturdy the stroller is. It should not break down easily and should at least last you for 3 to 4 years.
- The comfort of your baby. Make sure the internal cushioning and belts are comfortable enough for your baby.
- How well does the stroller recline and how many positions does it support. Can you baby sleep in it comfortably?
- Price – How expensive is the stroller compared to the quality that it offers?
- Other features like reversible handles, protection from sun and wind etc.
I know this can sound quite challenging, hence I compiled the list of 5 best strollers for your baby that you can choose from.
List + Review of Best Baby Strollers in India:
I will now start off with the list of strollers that I prefer. I will also quickly reviewing them each and listing down their pros and cons. If you have any further questions, do feel free to comment below the article, I will surely respond to them at the earliest.
p.s – Don’t forget to check user reviews using the links I provided below the image of each stroller.
1. Chicco Lava Cortina CX Stroller
Chicco offers many other baby strollers, but this product stands out from the rest because of its simplicity in design and function. This stroller has all the essential features of a durable stroller without the hassle of considering space, weight and security.
This stroller is also available as a “Travel System“. This product can be used as a car seat and stroller. The car seat can be safely fit into the stroller. So if your baby goes off to sleep while you are driving, you don’t need to wake him/her up, you can simply attach the car seat to this stroller and off you go.
Check Available Colours & User Reviews – Amazon | Flipkart
- The Chicco Lava Cortina CX stroller can hold up to 23 kgs of weight
- It has an adjustable backrest which can be turned into a lying down position or a reclining position
- The wheels come equipped with suspensions and brakes, very handy for Indian conditions
- The stroller is smooth and flexible so you can easily fold and store it with a single hand
- Large storage basket at the bottom. Can easily accommodate a diaper bag
- The convertible hood and the added window prevents extreme weather and dust from getting on the baby
- It also comes with a spacious storage basket to store essential baby utilities
- It has a five-point belt attached to secure the safety of the baby.
- Adjustable handle height
- Adjustable backrest
- Windows on the hood
- Large storage basket
- Irreversible handlebar. However, if you use compatible Chicco car seat then you can easily place your baby facing you
The Chicco Cortina Cx Stroller is an excellent buy for parents looking for premium quality strollers that they can easily handle it alone. The compact design, flexibility of storage and its portability makes it one of the best baby strollers in the market.
2. Luvlap Joy Baby Stroller
Luvlap is one of the leading and top-selling brands for baby strollers in India online. I have already covered them and have written a detailed review of their strollers. You can read more about them and find a detailed comparison of their strollers Here.
Luvlap Joy is amongst the top 2 or 3 products in this particular category. It is also one of the best budget baby stroller options in India.
It is available in various different colours and designs (7 at the time of writing this review)
Check all available colours & more User Reviews – Amazon | Flipkart
- Luvlap joy has a holding capacity of up to 15 kgs
- Comes with 5 point safety harness for complete safety of your baby
- Can recline to multiple positions
- Does not come with any suspensions on the wheel
- It does have brakes to safely anchor the stroller to one position
- Comes with storage basket and a back pocket
- Very cheap compared to Chicco stroller above
- 5 point safety harness
- Comes with reversible handlebars
- The build quality is not as good as Chicco’s
- The 360-degree swivel wheels are not very smooth but functional
- Installation can be a bit difficult
3. R for Rabbit lollipop Lite Baby stroller
For the parents who like to add a lot of colours to their baby’s environment, R for Rabbit is always the first choice. Not only does this brand have cute names, but it also produces some of the best mother and baby products to brighten up any mood.
This model is ideal for parents looking to buy a cost-effective stroller that they wish to use for a short while.
Check the Latest Price & User Reviews – Flipkart | Amazon
- This lightweight baby stroller comprises of sturdy and light aluminium metal, but the frames are all cushioned with colourful prints.
- It comes with a 6-inch wheel which allows you to stroll over bumpy terrains with ease smoothly.
- The stroller comes with a brake handle at the bottom of the unit to securely station the stroller anywhere.
- It has reversible handles that make it easier for you to face the baby in rear or front position so that you can have better access to meet their needs.
- It has a 5 point safety harness attached to the seat to prevent the baby from falling out or jerking over rough terrains.
- You can also recline the seat in three different positions to ensure that your baby is sitting and sleeping with the proper support of the back.
- It also features an adjustable leg rest to ensure that the baby is comfortable.
- Great price
- Smooth ride
- Large storage bag
- Colourful designs
- Reversible handlebars
- The frames are very sturdy
- Quality of the material used could have been a little better
Compared to other brands with the same features R for Rabbit stroller is more affordable. If you wish to surround your baby with vibrant, happy colours and take a stroll outside, these strollers add some joyful touch.
The quality of the material used might have been compromised, but the design is attractive. It is an excellent buy if you plan to use it only for a short while.
4. R for Rabbit Chocolate Ride – The Designer Stroller/Pram
However, If you ask me, I would recommend buying the R for Rabbit Chocolate Ride over the product showcased above.
It is surely more expensive but it will last your longer and provide a more comfortable and safer ride for your LO.
Have a look at the product below, it is available in similar rainbow colours.
Check Available Colours & Latest Price – Amazon | Flipkart
5. Dream on Me Twin Stroller
If you are looking for a light full-size stroller that you can easily carry around for multiple kids for the price of one, the Dream on Me Twin Stroller is just the right product. With its sleek, minimalist design and durable frames, you will be able to use this stroller for a long time.
- This full-size double stroller is spacious enough to hold two toddlers with a combined weight of 60kgs.
- The thin but sturdy frame is made to ensure that it is light enough to handle with one hand and take up the least space while storing
- Both the seats are identical with separate baskets under them.
- The frames are easily foldable and have a water resistant canopy to shield the children from the weather, dust or insects.
- The forward-facing double stroller also features an instant locking and swivel wheels which makes it convenient for you to adjust your speed or halt immediately.
- Compact and easily foldable
- Ultra Lightweight
- Adjustable and waterproof canopy
- Large storage space
- Fully reclining seats
- Small wheels so the ride is a little rough
- You need to attach the canopies by yourself.
For a durable, compact and hassle-free stroller for two, this stroller is perfect for the Indian weather. It takes up very little space, and you can easily carry it around in your car when you travel. Even though the ride might be a bit bumpy like all other double strollers, it is still comfortable and secure.
Buyer’s guide – How to Select the Right Stroller?
What is a stroller?
A stroller is a carriage where babies are manually transported in a basket on wheels. Different cultures use strollers made of different materials and in various designs.
A stroller is often mistaken for a pram because of the structure, but there are few noticeable differences between a stroller and a pram.
Benefits of using a Stroller/Pram
- They can help parents and caregivers transport their kids more conveniently while allowing you to take the weight of your arms and shoulders.
- Baby strollers will enable you to carry the baby more comfortably while you are engaged in other activities.
- This product also keeps the baby safe and cosy from the weather and other external contamination.
- They are easy to use and improve portability over a long distance because they can be easily assembled, detached or adjusted.
- Strollers come with storage space which makes you more freedom to access to the babies needs wherever you go.
Types of Strollers in India:
There are many different types of strollers to choose from, and the right stroller can significantly ease your way to access your daily life with the baby.
The different types of baby strollers you can select from are:
They are sturdy, bigger and usually most durable. You can use them to wheel your baby until they grow into toddlers. To pick the best full-sized stroller, you have to make sure that it is wide, well-padded and comfortable with a deep seat recline. They usually come with an option to attach it to the car seat and mount it facing forward or rear. Some of the best models have adjustable canopies, storage under the seat and cup or utility holders. The downside is, they can be bulky so they can be inconvenient in public transport, busy streets or small areas.
These are made for parents who travel often. The strollers can be easily assembled and detached for storage. There are joggers travel strollers, lightweight and full-size travel strollers. Strollers with a travel system allow you to transfer the baby in the stroller more easily with minimum hassle for storing and portability.
Jogging strollers are practically made for taking your babies for a stroll while you jog or hike around. They are built for easier manoeuvrability in different types of terrain while keeping your baby comfortable and safe. These types of strollers have wheels that can swivel and flexible for speed or stability. They often come with three wheels, one in front and two at the back. The best jogging strollers have deep reclining and adjustable seats with brakes, harness and wrist straps for maximum security. They can be quiet heavy and not storage friendly as the lightweight strollers.
Car seat carrier:
These strollers are light, compact and can be attached to your car seat in a jiffy. All you have to do is connect or recline the wheels when you take them on or off the car. They can multi-task as car-seat frames and baby strollers.
Though they are highly convenient, they do not last as long as the full seat stroller. They are not very wide in size or sturdy in the build so these are best used for babies or toddlers for a short duration because the baby will outgrow them soon.
If you are also looking at buying a car seat for your baby, don’t forget to go through my list of Best Car Seats for Babies in India.
These strollers are designed for portability so you can take your kid indoors or outdoors with ease. They are usually foldable and detachable with adjustable straps.
These types of strollers are usually equipped with an expandable canopy, seat recline and storage basket or snack tray and cup-holders. If you are looking for a stroller for newborns below six months, the lightweight model with car seat adapters will allow you to take the baby anywhere safely.
Double/ triple stroller:
If you have more than one baby to bring around, the double stroller is most convenient. These types of strollers come in two designs: side-by-side or front and back (tandem). This stroller will allow you to manage multiple children with one stroller. Double strollers can be quite substantial, bulky and hard to store. But there are advanced versions that can be adjusted to go through narrow spaces and foldable for easy storage.
Considering the safety, durability, quality, and sturdiness of the strollers are some of the basic things you need to do before buying a stroller. You also have to check the portability, convenience of use, comfort, design and added features to get the best value out of your money.
Best Stroller Brands in India:
I have already discussed some good options above. However, if you wish to look more options, below are some of the brands that you can consider.
- Little Pumpkin Kiddie Kingdom
- Mee Mee
- R for Rabbit
- Tiffy n Toffee
In conclusion, make sure that you test these products before you purchase them and ensure that it is the size and structure that you are comfortable with and make sure you pick one that fits your convenience and budget.
This brings me to an end of my review of the best baby strollers in India that you can buy online. I hope this helped you select the right one for your LO.
Which one did you opt for? Do you still have any more questions? Drop your thoughts in the comments section below. I will surely respond to each and everyone of them.