Going out with a baby can be a challenge. Especially for the first-time moms. There are so many things that you need to carry to keep your baby comfortable. However, the most challenging task can be breastfeeding. A good nursing cover can make breastfeeding comfortable, safe as well as cosy for your baby. Read on to find out 5 Best Nursing Covers for Breastfeeding in India.
Nursing covers are also called Nursing Scarfs, Bibs, Stoles or Breastfeeding Ponchos. There are several brands available in India that deal in this product, namely Mothercare, Motherly, Feather Hug, KadamBaby, Lulamom etc
Table of Contents
If you don’t wish to go through the entire article and just want to buy the best product, this is the product for you. A quality product that covers all the requirements of breastfeeding your baby. It is made keeping safety, comfort and style in mind.
Tip: Don’t forget to buy a few good nursing bras for yourself. You will find them very convieniet while breastfeeding your child.
Types of Nursing Covers:
Before I get into the actual product recommendations, I wanted to touch upon the 3 basic types of Nursing covers that you can buy in India (online or offline).
1. Apron Type Covers:
As the name suggests, these covers are similar to Aprons. However, they specifically designed for breastfeeding and hence they will be wider around the chest. These covers will also have a much wider neck so that moms can easily keep an eye on the baby.
These covers are easy to use and are very comfortable for regular usage.
2. Infinity or 360° Covers:
Again, as you would have guessed from the name of the product. These covers are similar to ponchos. You can put them around your neck and they cover you from all around.
This product is really useful when you breastfeed in open locations like parks. I found this very comfortable when I had to breastfeed my baby on an aeroplane (Planes have gaps between the seats, so when I wore this cover, I was assured nothing is visible from behind)
3. Stole Type Covers:
These are nothing but big shawl or a stole made using a breathable material. You put this around one of your shoulders and tie the two ends on the other side.
Note: I personally don’t find this product (Stole type) very assuring and hence I don’t recommend this product to any other moms.
I feel you are better off buying the first two types. You don’t have to constantly worry about the covers coming off and just focus on your baby.
Best Nursing Covers in India:
I will now jump straight into product recommendations.
I have divided the products into two categories.
- Premium (First two products on the list)
- Value (Last three products on the list)
Premium products have some additional functionalities like adjustable straps, premium fabric, good designs etc. If you have the budget, surely go for these products.
Value products are the ones that give you the most bang for your buck. These are no way inferior products. These are good products and do their job really well. I personally use both the FeatherHug as well as the Motherly product myself.
1. Corewill Nursing Cover:
Corewill is an international brand and Amazon India has made it possible for us to buy these wonderful products in India as well.
There are a few Indian brands that have some good products but none can match the quality and finish of this nursing cover.
A bit on the expensive side but if can afford it I suggest you definitely go for this one.
Check the Latest Update Price & User Reviews – Amazon India
- Comes with an adjustable neck strap. You can adjust the height of the neckline as per your needs and comfort.
- Has a shrink strap a the back (Refer the image above). This helps to cover you from the sides for the perfect privacy of your baby.
- Easy to use and put on.
- Made using high-quality breathable cotton.
- It can you be used as an apron or a shawl.
- Since the cover made using cotton. It can be used a makeshift comforter for your baby.
- The cover can also be used as a car seat or stroller cover.
- Comes with a carry around bag.
2. KeaBabies Infinity Cover:
If you are more comfortable with a product that gives you a 360-degree privacy, then this is the product for you. As with the product above, this cover is also imported from the USA and hence is slightly more expensive compared to Indian nursing cover brands.
At the time of writing this review, the product was available in two different colours. Black & Grey.
Check the Available Colour Options and Latest Price – Amazon India
- This is an infinity cover which gives you a 360-degree privacy.
- The product is made using a premium, stretchable & breathable fabric.
- Because of the design and fabric used, it can easily act a stroller canopy or cover your baby car seat (Refer to the image above).
- Large enough neck to easily keep an eye on your baby
I will now proceed with more value options. The last three products on my list of Best Nursing Covers for Breastfeeding in India are all by Indian brands.
3. Feather Hug 360 Degree Cover:
As I said earlier, this is of the products that I am personally using. I use this product when I am travelling on a plane or train. I also prefer this when I go to more crowded places like a shopping mall.
The product is made using a stretchable fabric which allows you to use it in different ways. Refer to the images below for some ideas.
- Available in wide variety of colours and designs.
- Made using the stretchable & breathable material.
- Is comfortable to use and provides an all round privacy for your baby.
4. Motherly Nursing Covers:
I bought a couple of these to match some of the dresses that I have. I really love the premium look and feel of this cover. You can use these covers when you visit your friends or relatives.
Even though you will use a different room to feed your LO, you will still want a cover to feel comfortable in someone else’s home.
This product is more easy to wear and hence I feel more comfortable using this in a cramped up space like in the car.
Check out all Designs, User Review & Latest Price – Amazon India
- Comes with a rigid neckline which helps you maintain an eye contact with your baby.
- Comes with an adjustable neckline.
- Made using cotton so can be easily used as a blanket for your baby.
- Back strap to adjust the room available to your baby. Can be adjusted as your baby grows.
- Has a small pocket to keep essentials with you.
- The corner has a small scarf which can be used to wipe your baby’s mouth post breastfeeding.
5. KadamBaby Nursing Covers:
This is the last product on my list of best nursing covers in India.
A product by an Indian company. Like the two brands above they too offer a wide variety of designs and colours. Some of their designs are listed below.
Check out the Entire Product Range of KadamBaby Covers – Amazon
Tips to BreastFeed in Public in India:
If you are a first-time mother, do watch the video below for some tips to breastfeed your child outside in India. A lot of moms have shared their experience in the same. I hope you will find it useful.
This brings me to an end of my article on the Best feeding Scarfs for Moms in India. I hope you were able to shortlist a few products for yourself from the ones that I suggested above.
Which one did you opt for? Are there any further questions that you wish to ask me? Do feel free to use the comments section below to reach out to me. I will try and respond as early as possible.