Regular food that you buy nowadays, maybe full of pesticides & harmful preservatives. These chemicals are harmful to the overall health and growth of your baby. I have hence compiled this list of best organic baby food products and brands in India.
We started buying only organic food for our household ever since we decided to have a baby. I prefer spending a few extra rupees on quality food rather than paying hefty hospital bills later. There are two main options for you if you wish to feed your baby Organic food.
- Buy raw organic ingredients (Like Rice, Dals etc) and prepare fresh food at your home.
- The second option is to buy ready baby food packets. This is a bit expensive but a more convenient option for many busy moms.
I will be suggesting brands for both these options below:
You can also go for a combination of both options above. You can cook food on daily basis. However, sometimes you can feed baby food to your baby.
If you are looking for a quick recommendation – I will suggest you go for the Tiny Spoon’s Organic Fruit Puree (Amazon). However, you should give a good mix of Cereals & Vegetable to your Baby as well. Read the complete article for more suggestions.
Table of Contents
List of Best Organic Baby Food Brands:
1. Tiny Spoons
This brand provides 100% organic, EU certified food puree to Indian mothers. Their fruits are procured from Europe, cooked and packed without any preservatives or additives.
I personally tried the food and it tastes really good and healthy.
Check Latest Price & Mixes available in India – Amazon
At the time of writing this review, Tiny Spoons had two mixes available for sale on Amazon. The first one being Plum & Prune and the second mix being Blueberry, Apple, Banana & Strawberry.
- Their puree is suitable for infants aged 6 months and above
- They do not add any sugar, salt or water in their puree
- The food has no preservatives added to it
- The packaging material used has no BPA in it
- The food can be consumed directly from the pack (Using a spoon, bowl etc) and does not require any heating/smashing
- The packet is not microwave friendly & should be consumed within 24 hours of opening
This is one of the top-selling organic baby food product online in India. As with Tiny Spoons above, this brand also offers two different fruit mixes.
The first being only Apple puree, while the other option has Apple mixed with Strawberry and Banana.
- This baby food is EU certified organic
- Does not contain any GMO based food products
- No added Salt, Sugar or Water
- Does not contain any preservatives or artificial flavours
The drawback of the first two brands covered in this list is that they do not offer a lot of different mixes. Also, the options that they have, only have fruits in them.
You would want your baby to develop taste and liking for vegetables right from the beginning. This is where Happa comes in handy.
They offer a wide variety of options. Including a couple of mixes that contain vegetables. These mixes might not taste as great but it is essential that you baby eats them as well.
I would suggest, you start providing you baby equal potions of cereals, vegetables along with fruits. This will not only make them healthy but will also help them develop a liking for the taste of vegetables and cereals.
4. First Solids by The Great Banyan
As I said earlier, Cereals and Vegetable play an important role in the growth and well being of your baby. Fruits packs (Showcased above) are a good option while you are travelling or while your baby is not eating well.
However, for daily use, you can choose a few options from First Solids. I would definitely recommend the Ragi mix. You can try a couple of more mixes and check what suits your baby the best. They have a lot of different mixes made using traditional India recipes.
- This is not ready to eat baby food pack. You will need to first mix the powder with water as instructed on the pack and then heat it on flame for about 7 to 10 minutes
- You can add rock salt or palm sugar for taste
- This is a much better and preferred option for your infant’s daily food needs. It is easy to make and a very healthy alternative to artificial baby food.
- As with any new food. Introduce each of the mixes slowly (One mix at a time) and check if your baby is able to digest it properly without issues.
5. Early Foods
Early foods have a similar product offering to first solids above. However, they do have a couple of differential products.
a. At the time of writing this review, Early foods offered unique teething stick made using Wheat, Ajwain & Jaggery.
b. In addition to regular Porridge. They also offer an instant cook version. You can just add hot water to this mix and your baby food is ready.
Check out the Entire Product Range of Early Foods – Amazon
Must Read – Essential NewBorn Baby Products in India
6. Sari Foods
At the time of writing this review, Sari Foods does not have a lot of options for sale online. However, their main product is really good. Along similar lines to the two brands above, Sari Foods also offers a Ragi based baby food.
Their baby food contains healthy ingredients like Ragi, Rice, Wheat, Soya Bean, Green gram, Toordal, Brown gram, Black gram, Cashew, Almond, Dates, pepper, methi.
Check the Latest Price in India – Amazon
7. 1st Bites
1st Bites offer a wide range of options. The best part about their offerings is the combination of cereals and fruits. This helps make the baby food tasty and nutritious at the same time.
They offer baby food which can be given to the baby from the age of 6 months. They also have few options that can be added to you Baby’s diet as he/she grows.
The product contains no added artificial colours, flavours and preservatives. It is pre-cooked and can be prepared instantly by adding water to it.
Check the Entire Range of 1st Bites Baby Food – Amazon
Best Organic Food Brands in India
As stated earlier, I will now list down a few organic brands that I trust. You can use these raw materials to make baby food at home. You can buy Rice, Dals, Raagi etc and prepare your baby’s food with your own hands.
1. Organic Tattva
2. 24 Mantra Organic
3. Pro Nature
You can easily find their products online at stores like Amazon, Flipkart or BigBasket. If you face any issues, do leave me a comment below. I will try my best to answer them for you at the earliest.